I asked our son Mikey. . .”What would you like for a New Years Wish, if you could have one for 2012?”
Mikey: ”For people to know what it feels like to have Prader Willi Syndrome. . .”
I asked him. . .”How would they know that?”
Mikey: “They could do some of the things that I feel every day, just for one day and maybe they would understand.”
I am asking everyone that “likes” this page to take the Prader Willi Challenge. Pick TWO things from the list that Mikey created and complete it for one day! That is all, ONE day. By doing this you would only be experiencing two things that a child feels with Prader Willi Syndrome. Not ½ of how they feel, not even ¼ of how they feel, just two things for ONE day. If you pledge to take this challenge please post what you have chosen to do and message me your address. We will send each and every person that pledges to take the challenge a personal gift from Mikey to support Prader Willi Syndrome awareness! Thank you for support all who have Prader Willi Syndrome and their families!
Please share this with all that you feel will support us!!
1. In the summer, turn up the heat and wear extra clothing or in the winter, wear very little clothing and turn the heat down.
2. Only eat ½ of your meal, breakfast , lunch or dinner and leave the table hungry.
3. Go to an office or school party with all the extra food and goodies before eating lunch and DO NOT EAT ANYTHING!
4. Put cookies, cupcakes, or other goodies that you like on the counter and be sure to walk by them every time you go in the room but you can NOT eat any!
5. When you are really hungry watch someone else eat something that you LOVE, knowing you cannot have it.
6. Do something out of the ordinary or different in public and look around to see someone stare, laugh or tease you because you are different.
7. Lock your cabinets or refrigerators and give someone else the key. Tell them to only let you eat when it is meal time or time for a snack. DO NOT eat in between meals.
8. Restrict your calories to only 1100 calories per day including all meals and snacks. Count all calories including drinks. ONLY eat 1100 calories!
9. Drink only sugar free, diet drinks or water do not drink liquids that contain calories.
10. Never go into the kitchen, pantry or cabinets unsupervised. Only enter the kitchen or dining room if someone else is with you and can be watching what you are doing.